Target Field


So here I am at Target Field...wait, Target Field? Seriously, HKHWR? That's right, for while the stated goal earlier this year was to knock off ballparks of teams I hadn't seen play at home (a goal that will be realized by season's end), and I did endure one at the Metrodome, one of those sweet schedule alignments was noted back in April, and I booked this little weekend jaunt. Yeah, me, and a number of observant schedule hounds: The Vikings are home tomorrow, so it's another two-games-in-one-weekend event for us. This is a rather good September for that, as the MLB and NFL schedule makers have nicely set us up. More on that in a few weeks.

I picked a hotel within walking distance of both stadiums. It was another Marriott one that was converted from a train station. After arriving, I walked over to the very nice Town Hall Brewery, where I talked to several locals over a couple of pints, including the recommended and simply sensational Dortmuder Export Lager.

So, yeah, anyway, I was planning to visit the ballparks of the three teams I hadn't seen this year, and then next year see the four teams who had replaced their ballparks since I was there. But, why put off until next season what you can swing this season? This ballpark makes 37 overall, and, again, leaves me with 2 teams and 5 ballparks to go. As this looked like a really nice one on TV, I did want to see it myself anyway, regardless of the count. It is a drastic improvement over the Metrodome, which I will sit in one more time tomorrow, with its new name tag. Who knows, maybe its football configuration will be less odd. But, that can wait a day. This is about Target Field...

When I booked this trip, I had no idea what was scheduled this evening, only becoming hip to it yesterday: They're retiring Tom Kelly's number 10. It's a great ceremony with all of the great Twins going back to their beginnings being acknowledged. The Twins fans were certainly into it, as is this baseball fan.

So, I had my pork on a stick, I've got on my usual team neutral attire, I got the awesome and unexpected perk of a retirement ceremony, and am now definitely ready for this game. Go Twinnies!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My firmly mounted ski map

Bailed out by pins

Travel Goals and Parsing Ballpark Visits