MiLBing around 2015

It's still early in the 2015 MiLB season, and I hope to get to a few more ballparks this summer, but I did return from a fun trip down south where I got to four ballgames, four new stadiums, four games in different states (I'm now at 30 states, plus DC) and games in two more leagues. I'll do a summary post at some point of the traveling like I did last year, but when I got back from this trip, I suddenly became curious about where my last three trips have taken me, and what games I've had the good fortune of seeing.

I've said before that I'm not really trying to see all of the AAA teams, or all of the teams of a given league (I don't think), but it struck me that I have seen affiliates of teams from all over the country. I saw an A's single-A affiliate in Vermont last year, a Twins AA affiliate in Connecticut a few years ago and I saw an Angels affiliate in Arkansas on this most recent trip. It seemed suddenly like I've seen affiliates for more teams than not. A quick tabulation confirmed this...




A
AA
AAA
Baltimore




Boston
Y

Y
Y
New York
Y
Y
Y
Y
Tampa
Y
Y


Toronto
Y

Y

Chicago
Y

Y

Cleveland




Detroit




Kansas City
Y
Y

Y
Minnesota
Y

Y

Houston
Y
Y

Y
LA
Y

Y

Oakland
Y
Y


Seattle




Texas









Atlanta
Y

Y

Miami




New York
Y
Y
Y

Philadelphia
Y


Y
Washington
Y


Y
Chicago
Y


Y
Cincinnati
Y


Y
Milwaukee




Pittsburgh




St. Louis
Y


Y
Arizona




Colorado




LA




San Diego




San Francisco





This strikes me as interesting, and it will be further interesting to me to see how it fills over time, especially that first column of Y's. I'm all for travel goals, so why not try something like this?

No hurry though. Any other game I see this year will be fairly local--nothing more than overnight, and even the bigger trips I have sketched out in my mind over the next few years don't lead me to as many games as these last two trips did. But, we shall see. For now, I'm perfectly content to see games whenever and wherever I get the chance...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New York counties, and then some

Revisiting the great state-border-crossing challenge

Tipping and ripping the cap