Let's play seven!

Are you going to watch the World Series? Who do you think is going to win? Who do you want to win?

Those seem to be the baseball questions going around right now. It is October, there's a definite chill in the air, and it just seems right for the Fall Classic and a final round of games for the boys of summer. With my favorite team out, and all local regional rivalries done for the season, resolving these questions is more easy reflection than anything else.

So, first question: I absolutely will watch, as long as it doesn't turn into a one-sided affair, and with the offensive might both teams have shown, there is no reason to think that will be the case.

Second question: Hmmm.The Rangers simply put up runs that look like football game scoring totals. But, pitching wins the World Series. Usually. If it's the case this year, well, I don't think much of the rotation after Wilson. For the Cardinals, they likewise score runs at a pace that would make the Arizona football team with their name envious, as they too have an explosive lineup. And, they also have that one dominant starter, and not a ton of ammo behind him. The bullpens will no doubt come into play, and I don't know who gets the edge there. Regardless, I can't help thinking of it like this: For as easily as the Tigers handled the Yankees, the Rangers handled the Tigers. The Cardinals have been fighting since mid September just to reach the playoffs and just finished a seven gamer in the NLCS. Texas seems like the more dominant team at this point. But, St. Louis fights, and if it comes down to a Game 7, it will be on their stage, which is huge. Still,I think the Rangers are the better team.

Who do I want to win? Well, back in September, I spent a really nice weekend in St. Louis. And, if you read down a bit on this blog, you'll see that I went to a Cardinals game. A damn good Cardinals game, where they won what was basically a do-or-die win with a comeback in the home half of the ninth. I've been pulling for them since, especially with their overcoming teams like the Braves and Phillies, for whom I never cheer. So, I definitely have a rooting interest in them. Then again, they did just win it five years ago, while Texas has never won. I definitely wouldn't mind seeing the Rangers get that first world title. For as much as I hate the Cowboys, it doesn't carry over to their baseball team. Go ahead, Texas, win this one. I won't mind one bit.

All I want is an exciting World Series. Seven games. Some high scoring, and some pitching duels. Just give us some good baseball memories before we turn our focus away until pitchers and catchers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Revisiting the great state-border-crossing challenge

New York counties, and then some

Tipping and ripping the cap