Ski season may be over but...

...at least I logged a few days on the mountain later in the season than usual for me. I've been skiing solo or with snowboarders a lot these last few years, so it was good to ski more this season with other skiers.

I don't get to see what I look like often: a few pictures here and there, but nothing too revealing, other than showing I have too wide a stance. This year, however, my friend Ray got a few clips of me. Looking at them reveals plenty of flaws in technique, and has me wishing the video had been shot earlier in the season so that I could work on some of these faults. But, in this 9-sec video, where I'm not too ashamed of my form, I have something I feel comfortable sharing. I can watch it and see some things I am doing right, and I can see other things that have me yearning for the start of the 11/12 season so that I can improve. (You need to lean forward more and keep yer skis together, HKHWR! And avoid staying so upright...)


Still, it will be just nice to take a look at this from time to time, especially when the temperature really starts rising.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My firmly mounted ski map

Bailed out by pins

Travel Goals and Parsing Ballpark Visits